Solving big problems starts with small organisms
We are seeking talented and motivated professionals to join us at the forefront of microbiome biology. If you are excited about advancing microbiome research and thrive in a supportive start up environment, Isolation Bio may be the place for you.
Why Isolation Bio
We’re a mission driven team transforming microbial discovery with a combination of innovative technology and next-level service. We execute with passion and urgency knowing the tangible impacts our microbiome work has on human, animal, plant and environmental health.
We embrace new ideas and creative solutions
We believe every employee contributes directly to Isolation Bio’s growth and success
We empower our team to do what’s right for our company and customers
Become a part of the microbiome revolution today
We don’t have any job openings available at this time. Please check back at a future date.
Field Applications Scientist
Isolation Bio Inc. is a San Francisco-based life science company that specializes in creating advanced products to help researchers and companies cultivate and study bacteria and other microbes. The company is passionate about creating innovative technologies that allow researchers to study new microbes, produce unique products, and develop a better understanding of how microorganisms impact our world.
Isolation Bio liberates microbiome scientists from the confines of outdated low-throughput and labor-intensive microbiological methods, propelling them into a new era of groundbreaking microbial R&D and product development in human health, animal health, agriculture, and environmental health. The Prospector® microbial discovery platform scales and automates the labor-intensive aspects of microbiology for rapid, high-throughput and scalable isolation and cultivation of microbes. With the efficiencies provided by the Prospector users can rapidly build microbial strain banks or isolate rare or slow growing microbes by generating more isolates faster, easier and with less space and materials.
Study of the microbiome is opening an entirely new understanding of the role bacteria play in our health, environment, and the products we use in everyday life. If you are passionate about solving big problems with creative solutions and enjoy working with a small and fast moving dedicated team, Isolation Bio may be the place for you.
We are currently seeking an experienced Field Applications Scientist (FAS) to provide customer applications and technical support for this innovative new technology. The FAS is a key member of the team, working with scientists in academic, industrial, and government microbiome labs. The role will partner with sales on demos and presentations, train and support customers, process samples as part of customer evaluations, and develop applications for the Prospector technology. In addition to working directly with customers, the FAS will be a key source of feedback to the R&D team and will be expected to periodically work side by side with R&D to evaluate and implement learnings from the field. The position will work closely with marketing to develop application notes, case studies, training and customer facing documentation as required. The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of customer-oriented support experience, strong presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills, and relevant laboratory-based skills. The Field Application Scientist will interface with our valued customers to provide technical support and assist customers in implementing and optimizing Isolation Bio’s products. The Field Application Scientist will also provide product training, troubleshooting lab support, and will be responsible for organizing, planning, and conducting customer-facing product demonstrations if required. While the position is located in San Carlos, CA, some remote work is acceptable with the expectation of overnight travel as needed to achieve business objectives.
- Effective collaborator who can partner with diverse technical and commercial teams such as R&D, Sales, Marketing, and operations to deliver results
- Minimum of 3 Years of experience working in a life sciences tools / biotech company or within an academic setting.
- Build and nurture effective relationships with new and existing customers, gain a strong understanding of their projects and research, and monitor customer feedback on product usage and maintenance
- Aptitude for understanding, communicating, and training on scientific concepts, applications, and methods
- Experience working with bacteria and other microbes, including Immunology skills
- Data Analysis and Sequencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Technical support or customer service is preferred
- Travel expectations up to 50% with overnight travel as needed to achieve business objectives.
- BS in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or related Life Sciences discipline. MS or PhD is desirable.